PERFECT DOESN'T EQUAL HAPPY

Fifteen years ago, at the time of my existential “why”s, I asked my mum “What is most important in life?”. She answered without a moment hesitation “ Freedom. And it is different for everyone: it can be love, happiness, taking care of the children, independence. Whatever it is that makes a person feel free is what he lives for and tries to achieve”.

So it is one of those stories where I had a perfect husband, a perfect home, and perfect future ahead of me - and I threw it all away because it just wasn’t me. 

When I told my mum that I was getting a divorce, her reply was: "Your husband is perfect. He goes to work every day, supports you, doesn't drink, and doesn't bit you up, what else do you need? Sit quietly and be happy." And I just wondered to myself how bad her frame of reference must be if "doesn't bit you up" becomes a great argument. 

To me, it seemed that since the wedding day he was married to his job: he spent 10-12 hours in the office every day, went on countless business trips unexpectedly, and never stopped thinking about work even when he was at home.

Is this really what married life should be like?



Does the story of the Runaway Wife inspire you? 
Support me in helping more people in their run for inner freedom - DONATE TODAY



No comments:

Post a Comment