THE SMALL JOYS OF EVERY DAY

Today is the first day that I cooked in my new kitchen. Maybe it’s a bit silly to make such a big deal out of it. But for anyone who enjoys cooking, adjusting to a new kitchen is important. I’ve decided to start from a hard-core Russian borsch (beetroot soup) which requires pilling lots of root vegetables, cutting them into cubes, frying them before they go into the pot where a big piece of meat has been boiling for at least an hour. So far it’s been almost three hours in the making but I’m sure it is worth the wait.




It is my second week in the new place and I can proudly say I made it mine: I cleaned and scrubbed, moved furniture and boxes around the place and to the attic, brought my things from the Hague and arranged them the way I like. I put my beautiful piano in the centre of the living room and spent yesterday’s morning enjoying its company. It doesn’t like to move, so it was a bit distressed at first (I don’t know how, but I could feel it). But now it’s happy again, ready to create.





Does the story of the Runaway Wife inspire you? 
Support me in helping more people in their run for inner freedom - DONATE TODAY



No comments:

Post a Comment