PERFECT FUTURE VS. LIVING NOW




The first years we were together, we spent hours just chatting about our feelings, our dreams, our worries. We travelled a lot, went out to restaurants, found something fun to do together. But that was before we got married.

After the wedding day we stopped travelling and eating out, we started saving, he "kindly asked" me to get a job because my business was not going anywhere. His work never required so much of him as it did the moment we got married. Before he would tell me that I was his first priority, and then it just changed in an instant. Without a warning. So I would spend days by myself trying to make sense of my business and my life. The sad irony is that he thought he was working so hard for us: for our future house (that I never wanted to own), for our future children (which I doubt I ever want to have at all), for our retirement (which is 40 years away).

We come from very different backgrounds. He is looking at an average life of 80+ years trying to spread his energy and assets accordingly. I come from a country that was shaken up so many times that its people believe there is no tomorrow. And I do too. 

I don't know what will happen tomorrow. I don't know how many years I'm destined to live. I don't know what will happen with the World. There is only one thing I do know: my future is just as good as my NOW.





Does the story of the Runaway Wife inspire you? 
Support me in helping more people in their run for inner freedom - DONATE TODAY



No comments:

Post a Comment